Shot sleeve reconditioning
Shot Sleeve Reconditioning
Your solution for defective or worn shot sleeves
The shot sleeve is subjected to significant stresses in the course of a normal pressure die-casting day. This results in a variety of different signs of wear, which make smooth manufacturing impossible.
- Material fatigue
- Material fractures
- The out-of-roundness of the outer and inner diameters
- Leaks in the cooling system
- Inner diameter is worn
- Cracks due to ageing or tension
- Bushing seatings are worn
- Vacuum bores or filling-inlets are worn
- Is the problem you’re experiencing not here? Please contact us!
We would now like to introduce our
We have been offering our repair/maintenance for defective and worn shot sleeves for over 25 years now. Our process is the global leader! The process is carried out over 3 phases.
Along the entire length of the shot sleeve, the material above the depth of the damage is removed
New material is added
Surplus material is removed on the diameter wished by the customer
Besides the actual repair and maintenance work, we also offer additional processing measures.
- Increasing or reducing the size of the inner or outer diameter
- Increasing or reducing the length
- Reconditioning fits
- Applying chamfers and radii to the inner and outer diameters
- Milling 3D contours
- Permanent connecting of basic bodies with wear bushings
- Introduction of new inlet openings and vacuum bores
- Work in pin bores and surfaces as rotation lock
- Introduction of grooves and bores for lubricant distribution
- Reworking of U-formed inlet openings on the front side to closed inlet openings
- Sealing or the new manufacture of cooling jackets
- Sealing cooling circuits (sealing plugs, König expanders, special welding process)
- Non-detachable label
- Thermal cleaning
- and much more besides
All shapes and sizes of shot sleeves can be worked on using our process.
Our process offers you only advantages when compared to purchasing a new shot sleeve
- Short-term delivery.
- Up to 25% higher shot numbers compared to a new shot sleeve.
- Up to 50% cost savings (includes: price, reduced stock, storage space and longer service life).
- Reduced stock and spare parts costs due to short delivery times.
- Environmentally-friendly and resource-saving technique (reduction of CO² load).
- The original diameter is retained.
- Repair "without" the insertion of wear bushings.
- The parameters of the casting system remain unchanged.
- A variety of changes to the shot sleeve are possible, e.g. reducing, enlarging, lengthening, shortening, and more.
- The homogeneity of the shot sleeve is maintained.
- During plant shutdown, a short-term delivery time is possible (details after agreement).